Foster + Partners work with its engineering collaborators to integrate complex computer systems with the most basic physical laws, such as convection. The approach creates intelligent, efficient structures like the Swiss Re London headquarters at 30 St Mary Axe, nicknamed “The Gherkin”, whose complex facade lets in air for passive cooling and then vents it as it warms and rises.
Norman Foster’s earlier designs reflected a sophisticated, machine-influenced high-tech vision. His style has since evolved into a more sublime, sharp-edged modernity.
Foster is currently involved in a dispute with the Couper Collection, a floating art museum near his London offices, regarding his plans to redevelop the area and force removal of the museum’s barges.
- Lusail Iconic Stadium for Qatar 2022 is revealed at ‘Leaders in Football’ conference in London
- Riyadh Municipality HQ
- Foster’s Master Plan for Green Valley in Libya
- Foster & Partners builds another tower in Beirut “3 Beirut”
- Khan Shatyr Entertainment Center
- Foster + Partners and Buro Happold joint venture to design four stations for Saudi Arabia’s new Haramain High-speed Railway
- The UAE Pavilion At Shanghai Expo 2010 Breaks Ground
- Anfa Place
- The United Arab Emirates Pavilion at Shanghai Expo
- The Index
- Sidra Trees
Some Projects of Foster + Partners